Check availability and book Gladstone Apartment online now
Enter your arrival date and number of nights in the box above to calculate your rate. Our minimum stay is usually 6 nights, however shorter lets of 3 nights are possible if we have late availability. Please contact us to find out more.
Longer lets: discounted rates are automatically applied as offers in the online booking system - see the booking page
About Gladstone Apartment
A family-friendly ground floor flat in the popular Marchmont area, close to the Meadows and the University of Edinburgh, and only a short walk away from all the shopping and cultural sites that Edinburgh is famous for. There are also a number of convenience stores nearby, many of which open late in the evening, to make food shopping that little bit easier. If you don't fancy cooking then Marchmont and the surrounding area has a wide choice of cafes and restaurants to suit most tastes.
The property you are viewing has been verified by Veraccom.com. Please click on the badge or the link to be taken to the Veraccom site where you will see the property listed. You can search the property by typing the property ID number in the rental search tab on the Veraccom website. If you are in any doubt please contact the Veraccom Team.
Accommodation at a glance
- Living room with bay window overlooking the flat's front garden
- 2 large double bedrooms
- Large kitchen with dining table and chairs
- Large bathroom with bath and separate shower cubicle
- Separate toilet
- Period features - sanded pine floors, cornicing, period fireplaces and wooden shutters
- The flat can sleep four people, in two double beds. For a fifth person, a single mattress may be used for short periods in the living room or front bedroom on request. A travel cot and high chair is also available on request for babies/toddlers.
Utilities & Amenities
- All linen and towels are provided
- Reasonable gas & electricity costs are included in the rental
- Telephone – incoming calls only unless arranged otherwise for longer lets. Telephone calls are NOT included
- Broadband - ethernet connection and WiFi
- Gas central heating / hot water with Combi boiler
- Gas cooker (hobs), electric grill, fan oven, and microwave
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Private garden at front, shared garden at rear
- On-street pay and display car parking outside the flat
- Amenities (food shops, restaurants, takeaways, bars, cafes etc,) within a few minutes walk.
The very large, bright living room includes period decoration such as cornicing, a gas fireplace and a bay window overlooking the front garden and Gladstone Terrace. Two large leather sofas provide ample space for up to four people. There is also a coffee table, dining table with four chairs and a display cupboard.
The fully fitted kitchen includes a glass dining table at the window overlooking the rear shared gardens. There are ample cupboards, along with a walk-in utility at the back of the kitchen with shelving, washing machine, drying machine and microwave. Features include a fridge / freezer, gas cooker (hobs), electric fan oven and grill, iron and ironing board, and a ceiling clothes pulley for drying washing if required. The combi boiler provides instant hot water automatically, while in winter, central heating can be on timer.
The front bedroom overlooks the front garden and Gladstone Terrace, with wooden shutters at the window. The double bed can be supplemented if required with a single mattress on request. Furniture includes a wardrobe, two bedside cabinets and shelving (supplied since this photo was taken).
The back bedroom overlooks the rear garden and has a double bed. Two ceiling height mirrored wardrobes, chest of drawers and two bedside cabinets provide plenty of space for your personal belongings during your stay.
Bathroom and separate toilet
The large bathroom includes a shower cubicle and a second shower over the bath. The toilet is in a separate room off the hall.
This traditional property is packed with period features to really help give it that homely feel that our guests love, for example wooden floors, cornicing, feature fireplaces and working shutters. There is also a private garden to the front and a shared garden to the rear. Both are free for guests to use.
Other things you need to know
Rubbish is collected from on-street bins in Gladstone Terrace. Recycling collection points for paper and packaging (plastic bottles, cardboard, tins) are also on Gladstone Terrace. Glass recycling is at James Gillespie's School, further west on Warrender Park Road.
There is zone 7 residents parking on Gladstone Terrace with on-street metered parking on Gladstone Terrace, Sciennes Road and other nearby streets. Note metered parking is cheaper in zone S1 (just the other side (south) of Sciennes Road) than in zone 7, and must be paid between 08:30 to 17:30 Monday to Friday. Free parking beyond zone S1 is about 15 minutes walk from the flat.
As the flat is in a quiet location and residential staircase, it is not suitable for stag/hen weekends or other events where you plan to party.